Thursday, February 19, 2009

Whisky



This is the visible part of our bar. I collect Single Malt whiskys, that's why there are so many of those bottles. And the bottles are usually very nice looking as well. Unfortunately it's a quite expensive hobby so I don't get to buy them so often, maybe it's a good thing since the bar is quite small. Both Erika and I really like whisky and on almost every Fridays after work we pour one whisky each, straight up, no ice. Then we sit down for a while and taste it. A really nice whisky like the ones I collect should be drunken in small amounts, otherwise you loose the special taste.

PS. I spell whisky like this without the ey because that's how it's spelled in its home land, Scotland.

4 comments:

  1. Nice collection. I watched something on whisky's awhile back and reading what you put made me think of it ;-) And the they mentioned that a one way to tell the difference of where its from is from the spelling, as you put it above no ey but y as in Scotland ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God it's friday today ;-) Skål!
    It's a nice collection and I believe it's not even cheap in Sweden to buy Whisky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection!
    All Scotland Whisky written as Whisky, but the U.S. - Whiskey

    ReplyDelete